Now I know many of you might have seen this award floating around and have seen various descriptions. Yes, Liebster means dearest or beloved in German and the origins of the award are unknown or at least undocumented. The purpose of the award is to give bloggers with less than 200 followers a shout-out and more exposure. Now there are a few other items tied to the award, but I'm going to go a different route with my post. I guess I'm probably breaking the "Liebster Award" rules, but oh well!
So, in the spirit of spreading some blog love, I would like to share a few of my favorite blogs that I always make a point to read. I realize some may have more than 200 followers, but I think they are all amazing and worth checking out.
- Barbara Watson - Check out her MMGM posts (I love her book picks!), as well as her A-B-C's of Middle Grade on Thursdays.
- Joanne Fritz - Also a participant in MMGM and a great resource for children's books. Joanne is actually on a revision holiday right now, so for now check out her blog archives.
- Writer's First Aid- Written by Kristi Holl, it is a great source of inspiration and advice.
- Shannon Messenger - I started following Shannon right before her book deal announcements and have enjoyed reading about her publication journey.
- Susanna Leonard Hill - Creator of Perfect Picture Book Friday, Susanna's blog is a great resource for picture book writers and a fun place to stop.
- Julie Hedlund - Julie is the creator and organizer of 12 x 12 in 2012. Her blog is a great place for encouragement in the writing journey.
Looking at this list, I'm amazed at what great friends I have found through my writing journey. Finding my spot in the writing community has been such a blessing to me. As so many say, finding great critique partners and writing friends is so necessary for a writer. A big thank you, as well, to my followers. Whether you are a writer or just a book lover I'm so glad that I've given you something worthwhile to read.