I have to say what a great idea it was. We read the last five Newbery Winners which included:
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate - my thoughts
- Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos - hope to share soon!
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool - my thoughts
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead - my thoughts
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
The book club meeting was so much fun! A few of us prepared ahead of time some thoughts on various aspects of writing - Point of View, Setting, Characters, Plot. As we went through each topic, we talked about each of the books and how they compared and contrasted. Even though I hadn't gotten through all of the books by the meeting date, I still learned a ton based on the discussion. I also found out that THE GRAVEYARD BOOK is not for me!
We are in the process of picking out books for next meeting, and I'm definitely looking forward to the discussion again. We're choosing between Newbery Honor books from the last few years. So many good books to choose from!
That's all from me today! Have a great week!